1. THE BANKS OF THE NILE. Rosie Stewart 1994
2. AN CRUISCÍN LÁN Eamonn O Bróithe 1994
THE FULL JUG
3. A TINKER I AM Con Greaney 1991 ...
4. An BHEAN CHAOINTE Pádraigin Ní hUallacháin 1995
THE KEENING WOMAN.
5. The MAN WHO CAME HOME
FROM PRETORIA. Daini Maidhci O Suilleabháin..1995
6. AN CHUISCREAGH Brian O Domhnaill 1999
7. THE ROSE OF ARDEE Finbar Boyle 1996
8. RINN MÉ SMAOIT I M’INTINN Triona Ni Dhomhnaill 1999
I THOUGHT TO MYSELF
9. LOUGH ERNE’S SHORE Jim and Séamus MacFarland .... 1999
10. AR BHRUACH NA LAOI Aine Ui Cheallaigh 1994
THE BANKS OF THE LEE
11. THE BANKS OF THE BANN The Voice Squad 1995
12. LADY MARY ANN Ellen Mitchell 1997
13. BHATIALI- BENGALI Stan Scott 1998
14. AN ABHANN MHOR Peadar Ó Ceannabháin 1999
THE GREAT RIVER
15. HERE IS TO ALL TRUE LOVERS Maighréad Ni Dhomhnaill 1996
16. EILEANÓIR A RÚIN Róisin Elsafty 1999
17. MY GOOD LOOKING MAN Nonie Lynch 1992
THE CLARE FESTIVAL OF TRADITIONAL SINGING
The Clare Festival of Traditional Singing took place in the North Clare market town of Ennistymon on the June bank holiday weekend from 1990 to 2002. The centrepiece of each festival was the Grand Concert held in the former Church of Ireland church, St Andrews, now designated as a Teach Ceoil and traditional music venue. Most of the recordings were made by Tom Munnelly acting in his dual capacity as director of the festival and folk song collector.
We're indebted to the Delargy Centre for Irish Folklore and the National Folklore Collection, University College Dublin for permission to use the recordings. All of the recordings are copyright to the Delargy Centre for Irish Folklore and the National Folklore Collection, University College Dublin. Thanks are also due to Bairbre Ni Fhloinn, Anna Bale and Simon O'Leary of the Delargy Centre for Irish Folklore and the National Folklore Collection, University College Dublin for their help in accessing the recordings.
The recordings are a selection of live performances from the years 1991 to 1999, including the natural "reverb" of the former church and all of the coughs, foot movements, camera clicks, words of encouragement, and other noises that are part and parcel of a Song Concert. The selections were made by Tom and, indeed, the title was chosen by him also. This album is dedicated to his memory.